Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Teddy Bears' Tea

My friend Lauren and I had been trying for the longest time to plan a picnic/tea party for our kids.   I, *ahem*, Rhys got a precious, darling little Peter Rabbit Tea Set for Christmas from my mother, so I have been we have been dying to use it.  Tea parties (at least here in the US) are considered to be a girls' activity, but I thought Peter Rabbit was an acceptable theme for little boys and we combined it with a Teddy Bear picnic to make it even more fun.  So, Lauren made lemonade and teddy bear cakes, and I made chocolate chip scones and brought the tea set.  We invited another sweet neighborhood girl to join us, and what fun ensued!

The Treats!

The kids even posed and set up plates for their "teddies"


Nick went with Raphael, the less traditional lovie (stuffed animal).
Nick told Ms. Lauren he was bringing "Raphael" to the picnic and
Lauren was so impressed with his stuffed animal's "fancy" name "Raphael".
I laughed and laughed when she told me this.
Clearly, she is blessed not to have an intimate knowledge of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.






The kids were so adorable pouring their very own lemonade out of the teapot.  We were having our own little Montessori moment with them all pouring and serving themselves.  They were so proud.

Megan carefully pouring her "tea"


Gina eagerly watching and waiting for her turn.

The handoff.  Look how excited she is!
 
Such concentration.

Nick's turn
 
then Ethan's.

 





And enjoying our snacks.  Surprisingly, no pinkies up though ;-)

 
 




 
 

It was a hit, indeed! 

 

And our final group shot.

Cheers everyone!

 





(Peter Rabbit Tea Set is from Pottery Barn Kids and is sold around Easter).

No comments:

Post a Comment