Sunday, February 23, 2014

Valentine's Day for Boys

You might think it is hard to celebrate Valentine's Day with little boys.  I beg to differ.  I did something super simple and super cheap to try to make Nick laugh on Valentine's Day.  It even involved doilies!!!

After Nick got up and went downstairs Valentine's morning, I took out two plastic dinosaurs, red and white doilies, and a Ninja Turtle ball/stuffed animal.  I made a trail of doilies up the steps, in front of his room, leading into his room.  The dinosaurs greeted him in front of his room, and at the end of the trail was the Ninja Turtle and card from his Valentine (Mommy, of course).



At the top of the stairs.



Leading into his room.


All the way to his bed.

Where his Valentine's gift awaited.

A Raphael ball/ stuffed animal and a card.

It read-
To: Nick
From: Your Valentine (Mommy)

Earlier in the week I asked him if he would be my Valentine.  He looked at me
sort of bewildered/suspiciously, but agreed.  I was pleased.
A day or two later, he asked me what a Valentine was.
Kind of took away my excitement that he agreed to be my Valentine,
but I am happy to report that he is still somewhat indifferent toward girls.
I don't know how much longer that will last, and
I'm not sure how I am going to handle it when he develops his first crush-lol!


After I set all of this up and snapped the photos, I called him up.

Whoa!

"What?!"
(That is his new exclamation these days.)
It was so cute, he was so excited.
 
 

Charging in with his dinos.

Insert sound effects here,

and here.

 
Set dinosaurs aside for a second to greet Raphael.

Aaannndd Raphael joins in.

Action shot.


And that's how boys celebrate Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment