Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Little Peter Rabbit

 
Adorable plates by Meri Meri
 
 
 
Back in early December, my sister, Shelly, and girlfriend, Lauren, threw me a "sprinkle" (that's right, a small baby shower) for our second Little Prince. I had chosen Little Prince's nursery to be themed Peter Rabbit, so we went for that at his shower too. I enjoyed myself so much, I can't even begin to tell you. My sis, and Lauren took care of everything, and there weren't tons of guests, which meant I could actually talk, relax and enjoy the INCREDIBLE food that Lauren prepared.
 
 
 
 
The hostesses, Shelly and Lauren, getting everything ready beforehand.
My bestie, Ashley, bringing along some decorations.

And the food... Lauren, because she is an amazing chef AND baker, prepared the following. She took what I was interested in (delicious Asian food) , the theme (Peter Rabbit and the garden), and combined it to make the most insanely wonderful light, fresh, Asian food that a pregnant girl could dream of. Everyone was RAVING about the food (and we haven't even gotten to the cupcakes yet).

Simple and divine
Homemade (egg rolls and sauce) and baked (not fried).
Mmm
Gorgeous Summer Rolls
I'm salivating looking back at these photos
Cutlery rolled up to look like carrots, cuuuttee.
The spread :-)
 
Chocolate, and carrot (you know...for bunnies) cupcakes
 
 
 
 
And on to the party:
My sister made a diaper trike, Peter driving,
and Lauren brought letters to decorate Little Prince's
nursery (finished photo to come).
My sweet neighbors, Adrian and Marion
Marion and Kate
Two of my closest mommy friends, Angela and Dawn
My Momma and Donna.
So purty girls!
 
Game time:
Adrian guessing how many jellybeans
 
Unscramble those words. Some were hard.
And my personal fave: How big is Mama's belly?
It is always funny to see how BIG everyone thinks you are.
Karyn's was far too long. See it all hanging down there?
And this did my ego good, as Angela's was waaaaayyyy too small
Me with the winning ribbon and the winning ribbon from my baby shower for Nick.
They were identical in size!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment