Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dough Experiment 5 Oobleck (or Gloop)

I figured this was the perfect "dough"  for Dr. Seuss's birthday: homemade Oobleck.  I did not grow up reading Bartholomew and the Oobleck, although I have read about all of his other later works.  Guys, it is weird.  I know what you are thinking "Thank you Captian Obvious, all of his books are weird" but this one is really weird, not two year old material, so I just showed him some of the pictures, and he got the idea: green goo.

I cannot express to you how much fun my son had playing with it, so I won't even try.  I'll let the pictures do the talking.  It is definitely messy. Very, very messy.  And I am not afraid to make a mess, but you need to be outside weather permitting with swimsuits and a hose, or plop your munchkin in the bathtub like I did.  It is however, extremely easy to clean up, you just wipe it away. It's just runny is all. I would 100% make it again and recommend you do so too.





Recipe (found here)

1 1/2 cup- Cornstarch
1 cup- Water
A few drops of food coloring (optional)

Note: this keeps for quite a while.  I had it in a sour cream container for two weeks before we used it. I opened it up, spooned it into a bowl, and added very little water and it was good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment